Avoid These Common Pitfalls When Setting Up Hosted PBX For Your Business
As a business owner you may have got to a point where you need to switch to a hosted communication system, but in order to make any transition, it is recommended that you first analyze and then plan the switch in order to avoid unusual trade-offs. For businesses looking to hire hosted PBX providers in Los Angeles CA, the trick is to try and understand some of the more common issues that arise from choosing the wrong services or working with the wrong provider.
Business owners may have experienced some of these problems when working with illegitimate PBX providers:
#Services aren’t always reliable
Some hosted PBX providers attract clients by lowering signup fees or making grand claims but there’s always a tradeoff somewhere. For instance:
- You get charged extra for each new feature you add to the package.
- Scalability options tend to be minimized or restricted to the telecom plans defined by your PBX provider.
- In some instances, troubleshooting and customer service is chargeable – and this can be a huge financial strain on a small business.
- The quality of service gradually declines in the case of contract-based services, and when terminating the contract, an additional charge is levied.
- In more extreme cases, service providers manipulate toll-free numbers to increase call volumes.
When a business sets up a hosted communication interface, issues such as speed and quality are essential for day-to-day operations. However, there are a number of factors that must be accounted for when dealing with configuration and compatibility. Consider the following:
- For any modern organization planning to install a hosted PBX service, the minimum internet infrastructure is 3G or Wi-Fi and if they fail to meet this criterion then integration is not possible until necessary upgrades are performed.
- Some business owners prefer to stick with landline phones in an effort to cut costs but this cannot measure up to the broad functionality that comes with VOIP services. Consequently, these individuals are left complaining about underutilization of services. From a business perspective, an investment in VOIP services would expand the scale of connectivity and influences business positively.
- Hosted PBX providers typically install a soft switch, which new users may struggle with initially. This is because first-time users find the soft switch to be rather complex and may struggle to make minor configurations with services such as IVR, voicemail, call forwarding, etc.
#Call Quality and Configuration can be major issues
Hosted PBX VOIP services may also present a number of challenges to business enterprises. For instance, calls can be one-sided, meaning the caller may hear the receiver but the vice versa doesn’t happen. Other common scenarios include:
- Calls that are directed over outdated network interfaces (e.g., 2G) encounter voice break problems that are caused by insufficient bandwidth.
- In hosted PBX systems, call configuration to different numbers at different times of day can present challenges.
How Do You Determine the best hosted PBX Providers in Los Angeles for Your Business?
If you require a hosted channel to facilitate the flow of business, the next thing to consider is how to select a provider. The trick is to find a balance between a provider who offers all the features that your business requires at a price that makes sense. When shopping for hosted PBX providers in Los Angeles, pay attention to the features in their packages and how that related to your specific business needs.
Avoid Hidden Expenses
Aside from the features, there’s also a need to clarify the issue of charges and additional expenses. If the provider insists on signing a contract that binds the user for a specific duration of time, then it should be made clear what situations call for additional charges. After binding yourself to an agreement, it would be easier for the service provider to impose expenses that are not specified in the basic contract.
For most hosted PBX providers in Los Angeles CA, installation problems arise from switch configuration, VOIP bandwidth, and call quality. In the case of hosted systems, the VoIP switch acts as the configuration interface that allows you to set up the entire system. Normally a number of features need to be properly tweaked, and your provider is best-suited to handle this part of installation so that you can enjoy the efficiency and reliability of stress-free communication. Keep these factors in mind when transitioning to hosted PBX providers in Los Angeles.